Tuesday, July 12, 2011

As I walked the beaches of Nha Trang I took in the feeling of the rough sand in between my toes, the smell of the rain minutes away from falling from the sky, the beautiful women selling dried squid, the faces of the children trying to earn enough money to provide for their families, the European tourist wearing swimsuits that are ity ity bity, and the strange feeling of being alone. For the first time in Vietnam I am alone. I waved good-bye to the taxi that was filled with two wonderful friends, and my mamma. I am now in this beautiful city that the Lord created for me to enjoy, and I am alone. My head and mind can now work through so many things that I have heard, seen, and done. As I think about what the Lord has taught me on this trip I am flooded with an ocean full of emotions. I have met so many people that I long to be more like, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to make the sacrifices that they daily take. I'm not bold enough to stand firm, but I long to have that boldness...I guess thats a start. My prayer is that I will become more Bold for the Lord. That my prayers will not be a mundane thing, but they will be the cry of my heart. Tomorrow I fly to Hanoi where I will meet Rebekah Angel. Together we will take a night train up to the "Eden of Asia". We will be travel to Sapa to experience the tribal way of life, trek to the highest point of Vietnam, sleep on bamboo mats, rent and try to ride motorbikes through the jungle, and eat great food. I am very excited about part of my trip. We don't have to wory about time, or be at any specific place. We are just going to explore and end up where the Lord leads us. Did I mention I really love it here...I love the people; I love the heat; I love the food; and I love the way that believers live out their faith. If I had only one more day to live, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment